Everybody hates blocked drains, damaged pipes and gas leaks. And these are only the most common residential plumbing emergencies. During these times, an emergency plumber is always on call. The question is, if you hate it so much, why haven’t you done anything to avoid these emergencies? According to emergency plumbers themselves, negligence is the number one cause for the drain blockages and defective pipes. If we take our car for a regular check-up, why do we never do this for our home plumbing system? We use our drains, toilets and showers more often than we use our cars. There is more than one reason why we should regularly check our plumbing system. Imagine how important it is for industrial buildings where everything is on a bigger scale.
When preventive maintenance is followed in your home’s plumbing, it will not only keep all your drains and fixtures in good condition, it will also allow you to identify problems before they reach a level that would call for major repairs. Remember major repairs always mean major costs.
Below are the common emergency plumbing troubles with the lack of maintenance and what emergency plumbers do to solve them.
1. Blocked drains- Blocked drains are considered to be a nightmare. In homes, everything gets affected by a clogged drain. Simple tasks like washing, cooking, even showers would be a mess with this problem. For commercial and industrial business, this could mean a halt on the productivity due to potential health risks. Emergency plumbers would try to locate the clogs and dislodge it. Of course, this could take a couple of hours or more, depending on the severity of the situation.
2. Burst pipes- This is not only a waste of water, but this also wastes precious time. Whether this problem happens in your home, or in someone’s business, an emergency plumber MUST be called as soon as possible. Fixing this problem takes time. The first step is to stop the water from flowing. So the valve should be closed and the pipes drained. This is
only damage control. After which, the damaged pipe will need to be repaired and replaced.
3. Leaky plumbing- While you may think that leaky plumbing is just a minor problem that your plumbing may have, consider the costs people and companies have to pay to resolve this issue. This can and does run into hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. And when the leaks get worse, you could end up with burst pipes. And that would be too late to require just minor repairs and result in much larger repairs and bills.
4. Frozen pipes- This is a very serious problem, but, it is a problem that nobody ever thinks of unless it blows up in their face. During winter, when water in the pipe freezes, the water inside expands and bursts the pipes. There are several things being done by an emergency plumber in order to solve this problem. There is thawing and avoiding water expansion. There is no choice but to be prepared with preventive maintenance such as installing pipe insulation to reduce the temperature drops.
5. Gas Leaks- The most dangerous problem that any home or building can have is a gas leak. Gas leaks can never be a “do it yourself” fix. Once you suspect you have any gas leaks, immediately call a master plumber from the gas company.
You can always avoid the need to get an emergency plumber. In fact, you should if possible. Get a good plumber that not only does maintenance jobs, but also specialises on installations. Getting a professional to start with will avoid any of those common but recurring problems. If you just spend more time and a little more money to hire a master plumber that has the necessary experience and knowledge that would maintain and install your system more effectively, you’ll find you’ll be cutting your costs, and the number of problems you’ll be encountering every year.
When there are unforeseen problems, or if you suspect certain problems that might complicate matters, then immediately call an emergency plumber for maintenance. Remember that in order to avoid major problems, fix the small ones if you suspect there are any. Solve this, and you’ll be able to avoid any future more costly problems.
Should you have need of an emergency plumber Austin, we are on call 24/7!